A Bedroom Fit for a Little Girl: Elodie’s Room Tour

A Bedroom Fit for a Little Girl: Elodie’s Room Tour

Toddler girl bedroom ideas

This has been a long time coming and I mean a really long time. Elodie shared a bedroom with Chris and I from birth, until just last month. She will be two in September. If there is one thing Chris and I know how to do, its dragging out DIY. Though in many ways, this really isn’t our fault. Unless we take up painting in our sleep or forgo ever having any fun on the weekend, our house renovation is going to take time.

Putting Elodie into her own room was really strange and surprisingly difficult at first, for us, not her. But, now we’re over to it, I’m loving it. I can walk into my room at night and turn the light on, imagine that? And, best of all, Chris and I can watch tv in bed, something I didn’t realise I missed so much! Netflix is now a new addiction of mine. You’d think these things would be the most exciting part of Elodie moving into her new room, but you’d be wrong.

The most exciting part for me, was her new bed.

Boori White Cot Bed Girls Bedroom

Toddler Girls Bedroom

I’ve had a furniture crush (is that a thing? Let’s pretend it is) on Boori’s baby bedroom furniture since I was pregnant with Charlie 8 years ago. Yes, really, I have loved their furniture that long. So when they got in touch to ask whether we would be interested in reviewing one of their cot beds, I was absolutely thrilled. So thrilled, that I dropped the other DIY projects we were working on to get Elodie’s bedroom finished first!

When the bed arrived, I did have that thing where you wonder whether reality will live up to expectation, but it really did. We chose the Eton Convertible Plus in white and amazingly it coverts from a cot, to a toddler bed, to a double bed and a sofa. That is one hard working piece of furniture and it is just beautiful. It’s so well made, feels incredibly sturdy, like it could last a lifetime, and I’m in love with the thick rim across the top of the cot. It just looks so expensive and solid. I love it!

So yes, this does sound like a gushy review and yes, I suppose it is, but I honestly do not have a single negative word to say about it. It’s one of those pieces of furniture that I just love to look at and more importantly, Elodie is very happy with it too.

Sleep poster

Over the last few weeks, I have been collecting things to go alongside her lovely cot. I have made a little reading nook for her  fluffy rugs and a bookshelf. Chris hung a shelf above her cot and I found a really lovely print to sit on there with some really sweet pink garland lights (they’re from Primark, shhh… don’t tell anyone!).

Upcycled vintage wardrobe

I have a really cool geometric mirror to go above the radiator cover, that I have yet to hang, no doubt I will Instagram it as soon as we have! Elodie’s wardrobe was in the house when we moved in, but I upcycled it with a bit of Annie Sloan (I went through a phase of being obsessed with painting everything we own) and I really like how it turned out. The mirror in the wardrobe door is badly foxed, but that’s how I like them, I think it makes them more interesting somehow.

Toddler girls bedroom

I still want to add a few finishing touches, these shelves we hung for dressing up clothes still need filing and I would like some trinkets to go above them. Any excuse to shop, eh? I am really happy with how her bedroom is coming together though. Now if we could just get every other room in the house looking like this, I’d be giddy with joy!!

Cot and feet

Thank you so much to Boori for sending us the Eton cot, we are genuinely thrilled with it!

*Disclaimer: we were sent this cot free of charge for the purpose of this review, all thoughts and comments are my own.

16 Comments

1. July 5, 2016 / 11:45 am

Her room looks absolutely gorgeous Kerry! Fit for a little princess. I adore her cot it looks so lovely in there with all the finishing touches. It looks like a piece of quality furniture and by the sounds of it, it certainly is. Her room just looks so lovely, I love it. Now to just get on and finish Sophia and Archie’s room! Hopefully it won’t take us too much longer!! X

2. July 5, 2016 / 12:06 pm

The magical world of a princess – this is how this room looks like to me. I absolutely love it. I believe, your little girl loves it too. 🙂 #TwinklyTuesday

3. July 5, 2016 / 11:22 pm

Gorgeous room, fit for a princess. I’ve pinned the ‘Sleep…’ print. Love it!
    We are in the slow process of doing up the house. Kitchen has had a lick of paint, the front room and garden are now ticked off….bathroom and hallway next! So much time and energy goes into these projects…and many a pinterest found inspiration!
    #TwinklyTuesday

4. July 6, 2016 / 12:43 pm

What a gorgeous room! I’m quite jealous. She’s a little cutie isn’t she?! My little girl has the box room so we used the same shelf with lights as a headboard/nightlight to save on space, with the added bonus of somewhere to display some prints and bits and bobs – total winner! What a beautiful wardrobe to inherit too, looks perfect for a little princess.

5. July 6, 2016 / 2:43 pm

That is one pretty piece of furniture! I love the painted wardrobe too. Well done. The room is a dream!
    #HomeEtc

6. July 6, 2016 / 4:25 pm

Kerry, this is lovely. Great photographs too (I love great photographs in posts). I’ve been having a good mooch around your site…Lovely stuff!

Your daughter is such a cutie as well.

Thanks for sharing. #HOMEETC

7. July 6, 2016 / 9:09 pm

I love this bedroom and am starting to wonder whether our second daughter will sleep in our room till she’s two too. #HomeEtc

8. July 6, 2016 / 10:06 pm

Absolutely love that bed – how amazing that it converts to a double bed and a sofa! It looks so sturdy and such good quality – I’m sure it will last a lifetime. Love those garland lights too – I’ll definitely be hunting those out in Primark! x #HomeEtc

9. July 7, 2016 / 7:23 pm

Ah what a lovely room! And I absolutely know what you mean about getting your own room back. I SO missed watching TV in bed too! 😉 x

10. July 7, 2016 / 9:27 pm

Ooh it looks adorable, I love the wardrobe what an incredible piece of luck that being in the house, and the colours are so pretty. It is a beautiful room x

11. July 7, 2016 / 10:01 pm

What a beautiful room and bed! Jemma x #HomeEtc

12. July 8, 2016 / 12:23 pm

What a beautiful room! I adore that wardrobe – I want it! xx

13. July 8, 2016 / 10:24 pm

What a stunning bedroom. We had Zach in our room until he was 2 as well. How weird is it when they are no longer in there? I found myself still listening for his little breaths in the night. This is a gorgeous cot as well. Brilliant how much you can do with it!Thanks for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday

14. July 11, 2016 / 1:50 pm

Oh this is lovely – SO lovely! You’ve done a super job!! Adore the colours and simplicity but very stylish. Thanks for linking – Jess xx

#HomeEtc